As you may or may not know I recently moved into my dream Equestrian Estate. And on October 23, I brought the horses home! It was an amazing manifestation of one of my biggest dreams to date. And in a recent YouTube video, I shared with you the day that dream came true. [Click here to see it happen] The last few weeks with them here have been an adjustment for sure as I get used to living with a herd of horses.
But the other day… my own horse Chip got loose.
We have back doors on our barn, which are very handy. And until recently the horses never go out the back, just the front, so they didn’t know that the back door is also an exit.
Well, last week we took Chip out the back to take him to a different paddock. And once Chip went out that back door – and only once I may add – he suddenly got curious. And one nanosecond of in attention from me a couple of days later and he was GONE. And quite proud of himself too.
YIKES! This was definitely a test of my horsemanship and nerves.
To make it even more exciting – although I had closed the gate between the aisle behind the barn and the lawn, it was NOT latched. There WAS nothing actually stopping him from leaving the contained horse area and going on the lawn of my backyard – which still has no gate which means the road was right there too.
And even though the ultimate prize was RIGHT there ……GRASS …..so much yummier than dry hay……and he was running excited up and down that aisle way and curious – head high, looking around, etc – all it took was a little gentle but firm cajoling from me and he eventually very sheepishly came back IN to his stall to eat his dried hay.
So why didn’t he just take his freedom and go eat the grass?
Well, first of all, horses don’t want to be far from their friends and when they escape they usually just want to get to comfort as fast as they can…and in their mind safety and comfort are more important than food…
And… the gate stopped him. Which when you think about even a latched gate it’s incredible. Here’s the thing …have you seen the height on some of the jumps horses do??? A gate, in theory, could be quite simple thing to hop over. However they are conditioned NOT to. They know they can jump but they don’t know they can jump the gate.But hold on… MY gate was not latched. All he had to do was bump it lightly with his nose and it would have opened right up. But he didn’t. The unlatched gate kept him contained.
- It kept him contained because of years of conditioning.
- It kept him contained because he BELIEVED it was a real barrier.
- It kept him contained because he couldn’t see and had NO awareness that it simply was not an obstacle.
- He also came back because I told him to. Yay for the leadership and Horsemanship and relationship. But think about even THAT for a second ….I’m physically NO match for him. He didn’t “have” to listen to me. Even though he thought he did.
Chip had an easy path , the physical ability and a simple strategy to the ultimate prize, he could see it, smell it, almost touch it, it was RIGHT there he could have easily had it… the only thing that stopped him WAS HIS MIND and his belief in obstacles that actually weren’t there.
And think about this one step further – think about that back door, I had been coming in and out of it for 2 months, it wasn’t until he was physically taken out of it that he even realized it was an exit even though it’s been there all along.
- Is your ultimate prize SO close you can see, smell, taste but just not touch it
- Have you hired the marketing coaches, built the funnels, published your book, created your programs, designed your offerings, posted regularly on Facebook and still aren’t seeing the results?
- Are you second guessing your strategy?
It may have nothing to do with your strategy…
While the RIGHT strategy for you is key to making a massive income leap (or any goal/transformation you want to create ….), and it may be quite simple (the right ones usually are), the thing to remember is:
Your strategy will only take you as far as your mind is willing to go.
Because simple doesn’t mean it won’t challenge you. Simple doesn’t mean staying comfortable.
- Things will become challenging, your beliefs and years of conditioning won’t let you go past a certain point.
- Your friends and family may not understand your decisions and growth. And try to talk you out of your plans. And you may not be ready to leave them behind.
- You will have to stretch and yet while you can, you don’t take the leap because you’re conditioned not to.
- You see an obstacle that appears very real and is in your way? And you see no way around it. Even though the way through it is right there. Or maybe it’s not even real at all.
- Someone in your life that you’ve given control or emotional authority to says “No” and even though your itching to break out, you go right back into the small box that makes them comfortable so that you also can be comfortable.
And then you choose safety and comfort over what you want most. And that’s when it becomes easy to stop.
Everyone has a strategy for stopping. How far that stopping point is, though, depends on what you believe (at a conscious and sub conscious level) and what you believe is what you’ll see. It always shows up as some form of obstacle.
If you’re not sure that you are stopping – simply look at your results. If you’re not creating what you truly desire, then you’ve stopped yourself somewhere.
Whatever is getting in your way, the perceived obstacle isn’t stopping you. YOU are stopping you. And it’s likely as simple and easy to get through as that darn unlatched gate. But, because of your conditioning, all you see is the metaphorical gate blocking you and not the opening just waiting for you to walk through.
It doesn’t have to be that way. You CAN create anything you choose to.
The opening exists. The Law of Polarity states that if a challenge exists, then the solution also exists in the same place.
All of my clients who made 6 figure leaps this year – their leap was literally as simple as finding the gate open, walking through, and discovering that whatever the perceived obstacle was, truly wasn’t there.
I also know this to be true from my own life experience. Manifesting this property was a prime example of that.
While I’m super grateful Chip chose mind over matter and I got him back safely (and yes, I’m triple checking latches now…), the fact is he’s a horse. As long as he’s safe, comfortable, has his buddies to play with and he’s fed (in that order) he’s not going to do anything to break out of his “box”. He relies on ME for his safety and comfort and so he doesn’t have a lot of choices, ambitions or dreams.
But remember, you do.
I’d love to strategize with you on what YOUR next step is, and what it is that may be your “gate” and where the opening is for you. Let’s have a simple, relaxed, free, no obligation conversation designed to help you get clarity for your best course of action next year.
If you could do it by yourself, you’d have the result by now. Don’t stop yourself – step through that gate, reach out and let’s connect.