Is there something you want to be, do, or have and making it happen, bringing it into your life requires action that feels a bit risky or scary because the outcome isn’t assured?
- You want to leave the corporate world to start your own gig. But you don’t have enough clients to replace your income yet?
- You’re on the verge of scaling your business and you need to bring in a high level team member that costs more than you think you can afford at the moment?
- You’re tired of playing small. You’re ready to step into a higher version of yourself and your business and want to quantum leap your income. You know you need to up-level the mentors you work with but the investment is as much if not more than you’re currently earning?
- Or perhaps it’s not something so dramatic yet still important – like you want to attract more or new or different clients, but you’re still not sure of your programs and offerings and don’t feel ready to make sales calls.
I. SO. GET. IT.
I’ve been there on just about every single one of these examples and more.
It’s so so so scary.
You want the “thing”.
But you don’t feel ready for what it takes to get “the thing”.
The “what if’s” play through your mind all the time.
The discomfort. Feeling like, if you just try a bit harder, you can get the thing without doing the scary stuff.
- You keep working hard on your plan
- You keep trying to make the money first
- You try to find the clients
- You figure you can handle the work yourself a little while longer
- You keep tweaking the programs and your systems
- You work to perfect that webinar just a little bit more
On a conscious level this all makes sense, right? As much as you want the thing, you also want to be practical and sensible.
It will feel like you’re working. Like really working hard.
But nothing changes. Your results aren’t happening as fast as you’d like, if at all.
Waiting ‘til your ready is an insidious trick of your subconscious mind.
But what sounds like common sense is, as Jim Carey once said, “Fear disguised as practicality” and it’s your subconscious mind keeping you exactly where you are.
Waiting until you’re ready –
- is the best way to avoid the uncomfortable action.
- keeps you thinking from your current results, not your desired outcomes.
- means you don’t get to step into your next level of personal growth.
As I said above, I get it. Taking that leap, letting go of perfection, taking that HUGE step, and trusting that the universe ALWAYS has your back, will be one of the scariest things you can do.
Will you sometimes make the wrong decision?
Yes. It’s part of life.
Will you have nail biting moments?
Will you transform your life and your way of thinking and open up amazing possibilities that you couldn’t even have dreamed of before you took that leap?
Yes. Yes and YES!
But you know what’s scarier than taking scary action? Never trying and never knowing what it’s like to be, do, and have, anything and everything you desire.
So what’s that action you need to take? What’s that opportunity that’s waiting for you packaged as a scary next step?
What will it take to know that you’re already as ready as you can be?